NEW FOR PUBLISHERS: Network with peers without leaving your office
SNPA is launching a new series of free "P2P" video conferences for publishers that will help publishers grow revenue and sharpen their management skills.
The first video conference – on "Growing Revenue" – is set for Thursday, March 15, from 2-3 p.m. (EDT). The program will be moderated by Tom Silvestri, president and publisher of the Richmond (Va.) Times-Dispatch, and chair of the SNPA Executive Development Committee.
The price of admission: submit a successful revenue idea by March 12. Participants who submit an idea will gain access to the video conference and the entire collection of ideas submitted. Send one idea, get many more.
"We are excited to roll out these programs," said Edward VanHorn, executive director of SNPA. "These Third Thursday 'P2P' programs offer SNPA publishers a new opportunity to network with peers, without leaving their offices or incurring expense."
- Send an email by March 12 to Edward VanHorn (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the subject line: P2P.
- Include details about at least one revenue-generating idea that your newspaper has found successful, and supporting materials that will illustrate the idea.
- Check your in box for instructions for joining the conference.
Here is a list of upcoming Third Thursday "P2P" conferences:
- March 15 - Growing revenue
- April 19 - Tactical cost-cutting
- May 17 - Organizing your sales force
- June 21 - Leveraging data to build audience and diversify revenue
- July 19 - How your news coverage impacts your revenue
- Sept. 20 - Creating a digital agency
- Oct. 18 - Revisiting your organizational structure
- Nov. 15 - Diversifying revenue for success
Questions? Contact Edward VanHorn at (404) 256-0444 or email@example.com.