Meet the leadership of the new association
Chris Reen, president of The Gazette in Colorado Springs, Colo., will serve as the first president of the new association formed by the merger of SNPA and Inland Press Association.
"The number one goal for the new association is to really be a champion of the newspaper industry and an unapologetic voice and supporter for the contributions of our local newspapers in our communities," said Reen.
Joining him as officers of the new association are:
- Vice President - Alan Fisco, president, The Seattle Times Company, Seattle, Wash.
- Treasurer - Nat Lea, president and CEO, WEHCO Media, Little Rock, Ark.
- Secretary - Cameron Nutting Williams, regional publisher, Ogden Newspapers, Wheeling, W.Va.
After this first year, the officers will include chair (the immediate past president), president, vice president and treasurer.
A 21-member Board of Directors includes nine representatives from the former SNPA Board, nine from the Inland Board and three R&D partners.
Board members are:
- Bill Barker, Southeast regional president, USA Today Network and LocaliQ, Naples, Fla.
- John Bussian, attorney, The Bussian Law Firm, Raleigh, N.C.
- Scott Champion, CEO, Champion Media Company, Mooresville, N.C.
- Michael Fishman, publisher, Citizen Tribune, Morristown, Tenn.
- Mike Gebhart, chief operating officer and executive vice president, Southern Community Newspapers, Lawrenceville, Ga.
- Matthew Gray, senior vice president and general counsel, CNHI, Montgomery, Ala.
- Stacey Hill, executive vice president and chief operating officer-newspapers, News-Press & Gazette Company, St. Joseph, Mo.
- Brian Jarvis, president, NCWV Media, Clarksburg, W.Va.
- Matt Lindsay, president, Mather Economics, Atlanta, Ga.
- Ted McGrew, vice president sales, Southern Lithoplate, Youngsville, N.C.
- Matt McMillan, CEO, Press Publications, White Bear Lake, Minn.
- Rick O'Connor, president and CEO, Black Press Media, Surrey, BC, Canada
- Jeff Patterson, president/Central Division, Adams Publishing Group, Minneapolis, Minn.
- James Paxton, chief financial officer, Paxton Media Group, Paducah, Ky.
- Tim Prince, senior vice president, Boone Newspapers, Mountain Brook, Ala.
- John Rung, president and CEO, Shaw Media, Crystal Lake, Ill.
- Jason Taylor, president, New Media Investment Group Ventures and president of GateHouse Live, Las Vegas, Nev.
- Judi Terzotis, president and publisher, The Times-Picayune | Advocate, Baton Rouge, La.
- Emily Walsh, publisher, Observer Media Group, Sarasota, Fla.
- Heidi Wright, COO and publisher, The Bulletin, EO Media Group, Salem, Ore.
- Leonard Woolsey, president and publisher, The Daily News, Galveston, Texas